Saturday, August 27, 2005

How i lost my religion???


Ok...here's probably a topic on a lot of my friends mind, regarding me and religion. If you are one of them.....let me say this...you dem kay poh ya!! :p Hahahaha!! Just kidding!!

Anyway, i am happy to tell you the tale of how a purple dinosaur lost his religion. I won't go into detalis as to why i choose to become a christain once, but rather tell you the reason why i opt out of it in 1998. There's 2 main reasons:-

1) The same bloody sharing( in biblestudy groups of course), of everybody saying "I want to be like Jesus" every fucking week for years and years and end up acting like assholes. Err...maybe i got a different version of the bible, but i sure don't recall Jesus acting like an asshole in my bible. These buggers go to biblestudy and pratice their holy acting skills in front of the leaders. There is only so much i can take ok....

2) The ever famous...."Why did you not go to church/biblestudy?" or "Can you lead bible study or worship tonight?". If you tell the truth and say "I want to watch X-Files!!" you'll end up getting prayed for by the group. So in order to not to get interrogated with these questions to you week after week after weeek, you have 2 choices....

i) you cook up a lie(death in family is a good excuse but you only have so much to go around...Hahahhahaa!!!) or

ii) you go to biblestudy(and miss X-Files)....and get pissed when assholes says "I want to be like Jesus!!" for you know dem well that there is only so much fart one can smell a night!!...and i miss X-Files for this!!!

Also, this one time, i was literally forced into a room and forced to speak in tongues. Worst still, this person then share with my bible study group that i can speak in tongues. And i was asked to demostrate this "speaking in tongues" to the group. Ughhh!! Dem fucked up i tell you!!

But the ultimate blow came to me in 1998...when i was in UK....i won't say who, but a Christain literally step over my boundry when he/she called up my dorm and "force" me to go to church. I stood my ground and said "No" and the rest is history. I am tired of Christains telling me how i should live my life and what i should do with it.

And after all these years of not having any religion in my life, i have never been a happier person. These days, just listening to 2 christains talking (you know, the praise God talk), i have to excuse myself and leave because its just something i am not use to anymore. Don't get me wrong, i've made some good christain friends over the years and look up to them!!

There....thats the story of how Purple D lost his religion and is not a believer anymore. I am so bloody glad he did!!! :)