Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Toys again.....

After many moons.......i finally decided to break down and get me one of these. I got a 20% off coupon, so the urge to get one was pretty high. These things never go on sale like that so i though, oh what the heck, no wife to ask permission for such things and no children to feed milk to, so i might as well take care of myself. Here is my new toy. Lego Mindstorm NXT.
This thing is still cheaper than photography and in the process, i'll get to learn about robotics.
Not sure if i am creative enough to build great robots....but i have a robot dino in mind. But for now, here is the box.


Below is what they call the brick. Its the brain of the whole system. I am dying to try the thing out.


Unfortunately with my PC out of commission, i am unable to do much with it now. Sigh..hopefully i am able to get my mobo back next week. So in the meantime, it has to sit there and collect dust a little.