Friday, August 17, 2007

Cherry Stone Clams

Went to the asian grocery during my lunch break and saw some wonderfully sized cherry stone clams. The last time i saw them, i did not buy them, so this time i decided to just go ahead and try them out and see. Let me intro them to you(top to bottom), say hi to Nikki, LoLo, Candi and Mercedez. Funny how asians names sound so westernized these days!!! Kekekekekeke!!! Let me tell you, these ladies are voluptuous,wet and juicy. Just in case you can't tell how big they are, just go see the next picture. I know, i know, i should stop making sex objects out of my food!!! :p


Ok....here you go.....here is showing you how big they are. These are possible the biggest hooke.....i mean.....clams i have ever seen in my life. They cost about $2.39 for a pound. I bought 4 of them and they weigh around 2 lbs.


So anyway, to prepare them, i cut some garlic, shallots and green onions. Blended some Ritz crackers. In a pan, melt some butter, put in garlic and shallots....saute them for a bit, then add the green onions. After the aroma comes out, add the crumbled ritz crackers to make like a paste. Take off the fire and put it aside.

Next, open up the clams. I cheat....i use a hammer and crack them open a little. Just put some of the paste that was made and smear them over them clams. Pre-heat over for 425 degrees, and put Nikki,, LoLo, Candi and Mercedez into the sauna for 10 mins.....and the end result is this....


I had a great time with these hooke...i mean ladies......unfortunately for them, i was more satisfied than them. Maybe go get more tomorrow!!!